Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional HTTP server format string
|wsftp-http-format-string (53098)||High Risk|
Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a format string vulnerability when handling certain HTTP server responses. By persuading a victim to connect to a malicious HTTP server, an attacker could send a specially-crafted response containing malicious format string specifiers, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system or cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of March 6, 2010.
- Ipswitch Web site: Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional.
- Packet Storm Web Site: Ipswitch WS_FTP 12 Professional Remote Format String 0day PoC.
- BID-36297: Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional HTTP Server Response Format String Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4775: Format string vulnerability in Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 12 before 12.2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via format string specifiers in the status code portion of an HTTP response.
- OSVDB ID: 64036: WS_FTP Professional HTTP Response Status Code Format String DoS
- Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional 12
Sep 07, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.