Cisco IOS Authentication Proxy for HTTP security bypass
|ciscoios-authenticationproxy-sec-bypass (53453)||Medium Risk|
Multiple Cisco IOS devices configured with Authentication Proxy for HTTP(S), Web Authentication or the consent feature could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by a race condition in the code. If a valid session or accepted consent session exists, a remote attacker could bypass the authentication proxy server or the consent Web page to gain unauthorized access to network resources.
Refer to cisco-sa-20090923-auth-proxy for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20090923-auth-proxy: Cisco IOS Software Authentication Proxy Vulnerability .
- BID-36491: Cisco IOS Authentication Proxy for HTTP(S) Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-2863: Race condition in the Firewall Authentication Proxy feature in Cisco IOS 12.0 through 12.4 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication, or bypass the consent web page, via a crafted request, aka Bug ID CSCsy15227.
- OSVDB ID: 58340: Cisco IOS Firewall Authentication Proxy Server / Consent Page Bypass
- SA36835: Cisco IOS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1022935: Cisco IOS Authentication Proxy Race Condition Lets Remote Users Bypass Access Controls
- Cisco IOS
Sep 23, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.