Open Handset Alliance Android Dalvik API denial of service
|android-dalvikapi-dos (53654)||Medium Risk|
Open Handset Alliance Android is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by multiple unspecified errors in the Dalvik API. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to force the device to reload.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Android (Donut DRC79 or later), available from the Open Handset Alliance Web site. See References.
- oCERT #2009-014: Android denial-of-service issues.
- Open Handset Alliance Web site: Android.
- BID-36590: Open Handset Alliance Malformed Application Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-3698: An unspecified function in the Dalvik API in Android 1.5 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system process restart) via a crafted application, possibly a related issue to CVE-2009-2656.
- SECTRACK ID: 1022986: Google Android SMS and Dalvik API Bugs Let Remote Users Deny Service
- Google Android 1.5
Oct 05, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this