Eclipse BIRT __report cross-site scripting
|eclipse-report-xss (53773)||Medium Risk|
Eclipse BIRT is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the report viewer. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the __report parameter to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Note: KonaKart uses BIRT and is also vulnerable.
Upgrade to the latest version of BIRT (2.5 or later), available from The Eclipse Foundation Web site. See References.
- AntiSnatch0r Blog: Eclipse BIRT reflected XSS.
- DS Data Systems Web site: KonaKart.
- Eclipse Bugzilla Bug 259127: Reflected XSS in report parameter.
- The Eclipse Foundation Web site: Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT).
- BID-36674: Eclipse BIRT 'run?__report' Parameter Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4521: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in birt-viewer/run in Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) before 2.5.0, as used in KonaKart and other products, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the __report parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 58941: BIRT birt-viewer/run __report Parameter XSS
- SA37025: Eclipse BIRT "__report" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SA37036: KonaKart "__report" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- DS Data Systems KonaKart 22.214.171.124
- Eclipse BIRT 2.2.1
Dec 18, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.