Organic Groups Vocabulary module for Drupal membership security bypass
|ogvocab-membership-security-bypass (53780)||Medium Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in the Organic Groups Vocabulary module for Drupal could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions. An authenticated attacker with group membership could exploit this vulnerability to view, edit, and create vocabularies and terms for all groups.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-071 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-071: Organic Groups Vocabulary Access Bypass.
- BID-36685: Drupal Organic Groups Vocabulary Module Unauthorized Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4528: The Organic Groups (OG) Vocabulary module 6.x before 6.x-1.0 for Drupal allows remote authenticated group members to bypass intended access restrictions, and create, modify, or read a vocabulary, via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 58947: Organic Groups Vocabulary Module for Drupal Access Permission Bypass
- SA37060: Drupal Organic Groups Vocabulary Module Security Bypass Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-2920: Drupal OG Vocabulary Module Missing Access Validation Vulnerability
- Drupal Organic Groups Vocabulary module for Drupal 6.x
Oct 14, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.