Webform module for Drupal field labels cross-site scripting
|drupal-webform-labels-xss (53796)||Medium Risk|
The Webform module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input when creating custom forms. A remote attacker with permission to create webforms could exploit this vulnerability using field labels to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-074 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-074: Webform - Multiple vulnerabilities.
- BID-36708: Drupal Webform Module HTML Injection and Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-4532: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Webform module 5.x before 5.x-2.8 and 6.x before 6.x-2.8, a module for Drupal, allows remote authenticated users, with webform creation privileges, to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a field label.
- OSVDB ID: 58945: Webform Module for Drupal New Webform Field Label XSS
- SA37021: Drupal Webform Module Script Insertion and Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-2923: Drupal Webform Module Cross Site Scripting and Data Disclosure Issues
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.1
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.1-1
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.1.2
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.1.3
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.2
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.3
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.4
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.5
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.6
- Drupal webform module 5.x-2.7
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.1-1
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.1.2
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.1.3
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.2
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.3
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.4
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.5
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.6
- Drupal webform module 6.x-2.7
Oct 15, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.