Amiro.CMS status_message cross-site scripting
|amiro-statusmessage-xss (53892)||Medium Risk|
Amiro.CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the status_message parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Amiro.CMS (5.6 or later), available from the Amiro.CMS Web site. See References.
- Amiro.CMS Web site: Amiro.CMS - Turnkey website technology.
- ONSEC-09-004: Amiro.CMS Multiple XSS.
- BID-39724: Amiro.CMS Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-3803: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Amiro.CMS 220.127.116.11 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the status_message parameter to (1) /news, (2) /comment, (3) /forum, (4) /blog, and (5) /tags; the status_message parameter to (6) forum.php, (7) discussion.php, (8) guestbook.php, (9) blog.php, (10) news.php, (11) srv_updates.php, (12) srv_backups.php, (13) srv_twist_prevention.php, (14) srv_tags.php, (15) srv_tags_reindex.php, (16) google_sitemap.php, (17) sitemap_history.php, (18) srv_options.php, (19) locales.php and (20) plugins_wizard.php in _admin/; a crafted IMG BBcode tag in the message body of a (21) forum, (22) guestbook, or (23) comment; (24) the content of an avatar file, which is not properly handled by Internet Explorer; and (
- SA37065: Amiro.CMS Cross-Site Scripting and Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-2967: AMIRO CMS Multiple Parameter and Tag Cross Site Scripting Issues
- Amiro.CMS Amiro.CMS 18.104.22.168
Oct 19, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.