CuteNews articles security bypass
|cutenews-articles-security-bypass (54236)||Medium Risk|
CuteNews could allow a remote authenticated attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper access controls on submitted articles. By sending a direct request to the id parameter, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to access restricted content and possibly launch further attacks against the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of UTF-8 CuteNews (8b or later), available from the UTF-8 CuteNews Web site. See References.
- MORNINGSTAR-2009-02: Multiple security issues in Cute News and UTF-8 Cute News.
- UTF-8 CuteNews Web site: UTF-8 CuteNews.
- BID-36971: CuteNews and UTF-8 CuteNews Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-4174: The editnews module in CutePHP CuteNews 1.4.6 and UTF-8 CuteNews before 8b, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allows remote authenticated users with Journalist or Editor access to bypass administrative moderation and edit previously submitted articles via a modified id parameter in a doeditnews action.
- OSVDB ID: 60779: CuteNews editnews Module doeditnews Action Admin Moderation Bypass
- CutePHP CuteNews 1.4.6
- UTF-8 CuteNews UTF-8 CuteNews
Nov 11, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.