CuteNews index.php cross-site request forgery
|cutenews-index-csrf (54240)||Medium Risk|
CuteNews is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user supplied input by the index.php script. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to create a new admin user. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
Upgrade to the latest version of UTF-8 CuteNews (8b or later), available from the UTF-8 CuteNews Web site. See References.
- MORNINGSTAR-2009-02: Multiple security issues in Cute News and UTF-8 Cute News.
- Packetstorm Security Website: Cute News 1.4.7 Cross Site Request Forgery.
- UTF-8 CuteNews Web site: UTF-8 CuteNews.
- BID-36971: CuteNews and UTF-8 CuteNews Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-4173: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in CutePHP CuteNews 1.4.6 and UTF-8 CuteNews before 8b allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that create new users, including a new administrator, via an adduser action in the editusers module in index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 60636: CuteNews index.php New User Creation CSRF
- CutePHP Cute News 1.4.7
- CutePHP CuteNews 1.4.6
- UTF-8 CuteNews UTF-8 CuteNews
Nov 11, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this