ngIRCd SSL/TLS denial of service
|ngircd-ssltls-dos (54272)||Medium Risk|
ngIRCd is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the Conn_GetCipherInfo() and Conn_UsesSSL() functions when processing data. If the server is compiled with SSL/TLS support and standalone mode is disabled, a remote attacker could send a MOTD request to crash the server.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of ngIRCd (14.1 or later), available from the ngIRCd Web site. See References.
- ngIRCd Web site : security: fix remotely triggerable crash in SSL/TLS code.
- BID-37021: ngIRCd SSL/TLS Support MOTD Request Multiple Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-4652: The (1) Conn_GetCipherInfo and (2) Conn_UsesSSL functions in src/ngircd/conn.c in ngIRCd 13 and 14, when SSL/TLS support is present and standalone mode is disabled, allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) by sending the MOTD command from another server in the same IRC network, possibly related to an array index error.
- OSVDB ID: 59975: ngIRCd src/ngircd/conn.c Multiple Function SSL / TLS Remote DoS
- SA37343: ngIRCd SSL/TLS Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-3240: ngIRCd SSL/TLS Data Processing Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Alexander Barton ngIRCd 13
- Alexander Barton ngIRCd 14
May 04, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this