Kaspersky Anti-Virus Kl1.sys privilege escalation
|kaspersky-kl1-privilege-escalation (54309)||High Risk|
Kaspersky Anti-Virus could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges, caused by a NULL pointer dereference in kl1.sys.v. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability via a specially-crafted IOCTL 0x0022c008 call, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code with elevated privileges or cause the kernel to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus (22.214.171.1246 or later), available from the Kaspersky Lab Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Nov 17 2009: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 <= 126.96.36.1993 pointer dereference vulnerability.
- Kaspersky Lab Web site: Antivirus Software: Kaspersky Lab - Protection Against Malware and Cybercrime.
- BID-37044: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 'kl1.sys' Driver Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4114: kl1.sys in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 188.8.131.523, and possibly other versions before 184.108.40.2066, does not properly validate input to IOCTL 0x0022c008, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (system crash) via IOCTL requests using crafted kernel addresses that trigger memory corruption, possibly related to klavemu.kdl.
- OSVDB ID: 60207: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 kl1.sys IOCTL Handling Local DoS
- SA37398: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 klavemu.kdl Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1023198: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 'kl1.sys' IOCTL Error Lets Local Users Deny Service
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-3286: Kaspersky Anti-Virus kl1.sys Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 220.127.116.113 2010
Nov 17, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.