Warcraft III JASS code execution
|warcraft3-frozenthrone-jass-code-execution (54324)||High Risk|
Warcraft III could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code, caused by an error when handling JASS scripts. By persuading a victim to view a specially-crafted map, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the Blizzard Entertainment Web site. See References.
- Battle.net Forums: Warcraft III Custom Map Security Warning .
- Blizzard Entertainment Web site: Warcraft III.
- BID-37052: Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne JASS Interpreter Multiple Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-4768: Unspecified vulnerability in the JASS script interpreter in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne 1.24b and earlier allows user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted custom map. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 60205: Warcraft III JASS Interpreter Crafted Map Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA37390: Warcraft III JASS Interpreter Arbitrary Code Execution
- Blizzard Entertainment Warcraft III 1.24
May 01, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.