Redmine unspecified input cross-site scripting
|redmine-unspecified-input-xss (54333)||Medium Risk|
Redmine is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Redmine (0.8.6 or 0.8.7 or later), available from the Redmine Web site. See References.
- JVN#01245481: Redmine vulnerable to cross-site scripting.
- Redmine Web site: Changelog v0.8.6 (2009-11-04).
- BID-37066: Redmine Cross Site Scripting And Request Forgery Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-4078: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Redmine 0.8.5 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 60312: Redmine Unspecified XSS
- SA37420: Redmine Cross-Site Scripting and Request Forgery Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2009-3291: Redmine Cross Site Scripting and Request Forgery Vulnerabilities
- Redmine Redmine 0.1.0
- Redmine Redmine 0.2.1
- Redmine Redmine 0.2.2
- Redmine Redmine 0.3.0
- Redmine Redmine 0.4.0
- Redmine Redmine 0.4.1
- Redmine Redmine 0.4.2
- Redmine Redmine 0.5.0
- Redmine Redmine 0.5.1
- Redmine Redmine 0.6.0
- Redmine Redmine 0.6.1
- Redmine Redmine 0.6.2
- Redmine Redmine 0.6.3
- Redmine Redmine 0.6.4
- Redmine Redmine 0.7.0 Rc1
- Redmine Redmine 0.7.0
- Redmine Redmine 0.7.1
- Redmine Redmine 0.7.2
- Redmine Redmine 0.8.5
Nov 19, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.