infoRSS extension for Firefox RSS feeds cross-site scripting
|inforss-rss-xss (54370)||Medium Risk|
The infoRSS extension for Firefox is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an RSS feed to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser in the "chrome:" context, if the attacker could persuade the victim to load a specially-crafted RSS feed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of infoRSS extension for Firefox (1.2.0 or later), available from the Mozilla Web site. See References.
- Help Net Security Web Site: Zero-day vulnerabilities in Firefox extensions discovered.
- Mozilla Web Site: Version 1.2.0 ¿ July 3, 2009 ¿ 518 KB.
- BID-37091: Mozilla Firefox infoRSS Extension RSS Feeds Cross Domain Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4101: infoRSS 18.104.22.168 and earlier extension for Firefox performs certain operations with chrome privileges, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands and perform cross-domain scripting attacks via the description tag of an RSS feed.
- OSVDB ID: 60465: infoRSS Extension for Firefox RSS Feed chrome: Cross-context Arbitrary Code Execution
- SA37467: Firefox infoRSS Extension Cross-Context Scripting Vulnerability
- Mozilla infoRSS extension for Firefox 22.214.171.124
Jul 03, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.