Nuggetz ajaxsave.php directory traversal
|nuggetz-ajaxsave-dir-traversal (54699)||Medium Risk|
Nuggetz could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. If magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, an attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP POST request to the ajaxsave.php script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the pagevalue or nugget parameter to upload and execute arbitrary PHP files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Nuggetz (1.0.1 or later), available from the Nuggetz Web site. See References.
- Nuggetz Web site: Nuggetz.
- Packet Storm Web site: Nuggetz CMS version 1.0 suffers from a remote code execution vulnerability.
- CVE-2009-4315: Directory traversal vulnerability in admin/ajaxsave.php in Nuggetz CMS 1.0, when magic_quotes_gpc is disabled, allows remote attackers to create or modify arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the nugget parameter and a modified pagevalue parameter, as demonstrated by creating and accessing a .php file to execute arbitrary PHP code.
- OSVDB ID: 60902: Nuggetz CMS admin/ajaxsave.php Multiple Parameter Traversal Arbitrary PHP Code Injection
- SA37664: Nuggetz CMS "pagevalue" PHP Code Injection
- Nuggetz Nuggetz 1.0
Dec 10, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.