Active! mail 2003 unspecified cross-site scripting
|activemail2003-unspecified-xss (54750)||Medium Risk|
Active! mail 2003 is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the From, To, Cc or Bcc paramater in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Active! mail 2003, available from the TransWare Web site. See References.
- JVN#49083120: Active! mail 2003 cross-site scripting vulnerability.
- TransWare Web site: Active! Mail 2003.
- CVE-2009-4352: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in TransWARE Active! mail 2003 build 2003.0139.0871 and earlier, and possibly other versions before 2003.0139.0939, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) From, (2) To, (3) Cc, and (4) Bcc parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 60801: Active! Mail Unspecified XSS
- SA37602: Active! Mail 2003 Cross-Site Scripting and Session Hijacking Vulnerabilities
- TransWare Active! Mail 2003 ja
Dec 08, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.