Redmine issue title field cross-site scripting
|redmine-title-xss (54947)||Medium Risk|
Redmine is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the issue title field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-19-2009]: Redmine <= 0.8.7 UTF-7 XSS Vulnerability .
- Redmine Web site: Redmine.
- BID-37425: Redmine Issue Title HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4459: Redmine 0.8.7 and earlier uses the title tag before defining the character encoding in a meta tag, which allows remote attackers to conduct cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks and inject arbitrary script via UTF-7 encoded values in the title parameter to a new issue page, which may be interpreted as script by Internet Explorer 7 and 8.
- OSVDB ID: 61509: Redmine New Issue title Parameter XSS
- Redmine Redmine 0.8.7
Dec 19, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.