Ultimate Uploader for PHP upload.php file upload
|ultimateuploader-upload-file-upload (54972)||Medium Risk|
Ultimate Uploader for PHP could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files, caused by the improper validation of file extensions by the upload.php script. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload a malicious PHP script, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Element-IT Software Web site: Ultimate file uploader - upload multiple files and images.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-21-2009]: Ultimate Uploader 1.3 Remote File Upload Vulnerability .
- CVE-2009-4817: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in Element-IT Ultimate Uploader 1.3 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by uploading a file with an executable extension, then accessing it via a direct request to the file in upload/.
- OSVDB ID: 61237: Ultimate Uploader for PHP upload.php File Upload Arbitrary PHP Code Execution
- SA37880: Ultimate Uploader for PHP Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- Element-IT Software Ultimate Uploader for PHP 1.3
Dec 22, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.