freePBX Zap channel cross-site scripting
|freepbx-zap-xss (55054)||Medium Risk|
freePBX is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input when creating a Zap channel. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the Description field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- freePBX Web site: freePBX.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-24-2009]: PBX Phone System v2.x - Multiple Vulnerabilities .
- BID-37482: FreePBX Multiple Cross Site Scripting and HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2009-4458: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in FreePBX 2.5.2 and 2.6.0rc2, and possibly other versions, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) tech parameter to admin/admin/config.php during a trunks display action, the (2) description parameter during an Add Zap Channel action, and (3) unspecified vectors during an Add Recordings action.
- OSVDB ID: 61357: FreePBX admin/config.php tech Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 61358: FreePBX Zap Channel Addition Description Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 61920: FreePBX Inbound Route Description XSS
- SA37972: freePBX Cross-Site Scripting and Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- SA38300: FreePBX Script Insertion Vulnerability
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.4
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.4.0 Beta1
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.4.0
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.4.0 Beta2
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.4.1
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.5
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.5.0
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.5.0 Beta1
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.5.0 rc3
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.5.0 rc2
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.5.1
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.5.2
- FreePBX FreePBX 2.6
Dec 24, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this