Jax Guestbook guestbook.admin.php security bypass
|jaxguestbook-admin-security-bypass (55077)||Medium Risk|
Jax Guestbook could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper access restrictions on the guestbook.admin.php script. By sending a direct request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain unauthorized admin access to the application.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Jax Guestbook Web site: Welcome to download Jax Guestbook - Free PHP scripts for managing an online guestbook.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [12-24-2009]: Jax Guestbook 3.50 Admin Login Exploit .
- BID-37466: Jax Guestbook 'guestbook.admin.php' Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-4447: Jax Guestbook 3.5.0 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and modify administrator settings via a direct request to admin/guestbook.admin.php.
- OSVDB ID: 61299: Jax Guestbook guestbook.admin.php Direct Request Admin Authentication Bypass
- SA37921: Jax Guestbook guestbook.admin.php Security Bypass
- Andreas John Jax Guestbook 3.50
Dec 24, 2009
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this