DCForum cgi allows remote viewing of files
|dcforum-cgi-view-files (5533)||Medium Risk|
DCForum could allow a remote attacker to view arbitrary files on the server. Insufficient validation of user-supplied inputs allows a remote attacker to read arbitrary files with the privileges of the 'nobody' user or the Web server. If the attacker attempts to view the source code of the dcforum.cgi script, the script deletes itself, causing a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the DCScripts Web site. See References.
- Cgi Security Advisory #2: DCForum Major security issues.
- DCScripts.com Web site: "DCForum Security Alert!!!".
- BID-1951: DCForum Arbitrary File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2000-1132: DCForum cgforum.cgi CGI script allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files, and delete the program itself, via a malformed forum variable.
- OSVDB ID: 1646: DCForum dcboard.cgi forum Variable Arbitrary File Disclosure
- DCScripts DCForum 6.0
Nov 14, 2000
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this