RealServer allows access to sensitive information
|realserver-gain-access (5538)||Medium Risk|
RealNetworks RealServer could allow a remote attacker to gain administrative rights and gain access to sensitive server information. A remote attacker can pass a specific URL request to the server to receive random pieces of information from previous sessions, such as cookies, usernames, passwords, and the port number that the administrative server listens on.
Upgrade to the latest version of RealServer, available from the RealNetwork Technical Support Web site. See References.
- CORE SDI S.A. Security Advisory CORE-20001116: Report for RealServer memory contents disclosure vulnerability.
- RealNetworks, Inc. Support: Security Issues: RealServer Frequently Asked Questions.
- BID-1957: RealServer Memory Contents Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2000-1181: Real Networks RealServer 7 and earlier allows remote attackers to obtain portions of RealServer's memory contents, possibly including sensitive information, by accessing the /admin/includes/ URL.
- OSVDB ID: 453: RealServer /admin/includes/ Remote Memory Content Disclosure
- Real RealServer 5.0
- Real RealServer 6.0
- Real RealServer 7.0
Nov 16, 2000
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this