JA Showcase component for Joomla! index.php directory traversal
|jashowcase-index-directory-traversal (55512)||Medium Risk|
The JA Showcase component for Joomla! could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the index.php script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the controller parameter to view arbitrary files on the system.
Refer to JoomlArt Web site for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- JoomlArt Web site: JA Showcase - Joomla professional showcase.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [01-10-2010]: Joomla Component com_jashowcase Directory Traversal .
- BID-37692: Joomla! 'com_jashowcase' Component Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0943: Directory traversal vulnerability in the JA Showcase (com_jashowcase) component for Joomla! allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the controller parameter in a jashowcase action to index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 62827: JA Showcase Component for Joomla! index.php controller Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA33486: Joomla JA Showcase Component "catid" SQL Injection Vulnerability
- Joomla! Joomla!
- JoomlArt JA Showcase module for Joomla!
Jan 10, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.