Zope standard_error_message cross-site scripting
|zope-standarderrormessage-xss (55599)||Medium Risk|
Zope is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the standard_error_message template to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Note: This vulnerability also affects other products.
Refer to Zope-Annce January 2010 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions: apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Freshmeat Web Site: Version 3.3.4 of Plone CMS .
- Plone Web site: Plone.
- Zope-Annce January 2010: New Zope2 releases available.
- BID-37765: Zope 'standard_error_message' Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1104: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Zope 2.8.x before 2.8.12, 2.9.x before 2.9.12, 2.10.x before 2.10.11, 2.11.x before 2.11.6, and 2.12.x before 2.12.3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via vectors related to error messages.
- OSVDB ID: 61655: Zope standard_error_message Template XSS
- RHSA-2012-0151: Moderate: conga security, bug fix, and enhancement update
- SA38007: Zope "standard_error_message" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SA38334: Plone Error Page Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Plone Plone 3.3.3
- RedHat RHEL Cluster 5
- Zope Zope 2.10
- Zope Zope 2.11
- Zope Zope 2.12
- Zope Zope 2.8
- Zope Zope 2.9
Jan 13, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this