TYPO3 openid security bypass
|typo3-openid-security-bypass (55609)||Medium Risk|
TYPO3 could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error in the openid system extension when verifying user identities. If the openid system extension is enabled, the victim and attacker have identities from the same OpenID provider or the attacker has knowledge of the OpenID identity assigned to a TYPO3 backend user account, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to login to the TYPO3 backend account with another user's privileges.
Refer to TYPO3-SA-2010-001 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- TYPO3-SA-2010-001: Authentication Bypass in TYPO3 Core.
- CVE-2010-0286: Unspecified vulnerability in the OpenID Identity Authentication extension in TYPO3 4.3.0 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and gain access to a backend user account via unknown attack vectors in which both the attacker and victim have an OpenID provider that discards identities during authentication.
- OSVDB ID: 61680: TYPO3 OpenID System Extension Backend Login Authentication Bypass
- SA38206: TYPO3 OpenID Identity Authentication Security Bypass
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0127: TYPO3 OpenID Extension Remote Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- TYPO3 TYPO3 4.3
Jan 14, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.