Apple Mac OS X Image RAW DNG image buffer overflow
|macos-imageraw-dng-bo (55747)||High Risk|
Apple Mac OS X is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when processing DNG image files by the Image RAW component. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted DNG image file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Apply Apple Security Update 2010-001, available from the Apple Web site. See References.
- Apple Web site: About Security Update 2010-001.
- BID-37869: Apple Mac OS X Image RAW 'DNG' Image Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0037: Buffer overflow in Image RAW in Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.6.2 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted DNG image.
- OSVDB ID: 61886: Apple Mac OS X Image RAW DNG File Handling Overflow
- SA38241: Apple Mac OS X Security Update Fixes Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1023473: Mac OS X Image Raw Buffer Overflow in Processing DNG Image Files Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0173: Apple Mac OS X Code Execution and Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6.2
- Apple Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
- Apple Mac OS X Server 10.6.2
Jan 19, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.