Software602 LAN SUITE buffer overflow
|software602-lan-suite-bo (5583)||Medium Risk|
Software602Pro LAN SUITE is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the Web-based remote administration tool (webprox.dll). By sending an overly long GET request to the LAN SUITE server, a remote attacker can cause the application to crash and would require the application to be restarted in order to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Software602Pro LAN SUITE, available from the Software602 Download Web page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Mar 26 2001 - 05:58:27 CST: 602Pro Lansuite Denial Of Service 1.0.34.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Apr 05 2001 - 11:32:17 CDT: 602Pro Lan Suite Denial Of Service.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Nov 22 2000 - 13:22:05 CST: 602Pro Lan Suite Web Admin Overflow.
- Software602 Download Web site: Software602 Download Center.
- BID-1979: Software602 602Pro LAN SUITE Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-2514: 602Pro Lan Suite MS-Dos Device Name Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2000-1115: Buffer overflow in remote web administration component (webprox.dll) of 602Pro LAN SUITE before 2000.0.1.33 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary commands via a long GET request.
- CVE-2001-0447: Web configuration server in 602Pro LAN SUITE allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service, and possibly execute arbitrary commands, via a long HTTP request containing %2e (dot dot) characters.
- CVE-2001-0448: Web configuration server in 602Pro LAN SUITE allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via an HTTP GET HTTP request to the aux directory, and possibly other directories with legacy DOS device names.
- OSVDB ID: 11541: 602Pro LAN SUITE MSDOS Device Name Request DoS
- OSVDB ID: 11542: 602Pro LAN SUITE Encoded Double Dot HTTP DoS
- OSVDB ID: 1657: 602Pro LAN SUITE webprox.dll GET Request Overflow
- Software602 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000a
Nov 22, 2000
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this