Sun JDK/JRE Runtime Environment could allow calls to an unauthorized class
|jdk-untrusted-java-class (5605)||Low Risk|
Several could allow an attacker to use an untrusted Java class to call an unauthorized Java class. JDK/JRE is a cross-platform Java environment. Java implementations that use the JDK code base may or may not be affected by this vulnerability.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in Sun Microsystems, Inc. Security Bulletin #00199. See References.
- CIAC Information Bulletin L-032: Class Loading Vulnerability in Sun Java (TM) Runtime Environment.
- Hewlett-Packard Company Security Bulletin HPSBUX0011-132: Sec. Vulnerability in JRE.
- Sun Microsystems, Inc. Security Bulletin #00199: Potential security issue in class loading.
- BID-2051: Sun JDK/JRE Disallowed Class Loading Vulnerability
- CVE-2000-1099: Java Runtime Environment in Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.2.2_05 and earlier can allow an untrusted Java class to call into a disallowed class, which could allow an attacker to escape the Java sandbox and conduct unauthorized activities.
- OSVDB ID: 7255: Sun Java JDK / JRE Disallowed Class Sandbox Bypass
- Sun JDK
Nov 29, 2000
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this