Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM) and ASA SCCP denial of service
|cisco-fwsm-asa-sccp-dos (56333)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM) and ASA 5500 are vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error during SCCP inspection. By sending a specially-crafted SCCP message that traverses the network, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the device to reload.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20100217-fwsm and cisco-sa-20100217-asa for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20100217-asa: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances.
- cisco-sa-20100217-fwsm: Cisco Firewall Services Module Skinny Client Control Protocol Inspection Denial of Service Vulnerability.
- BID-38274: Cisco Firewall Services Module SCCP Inspection Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0151: The Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM) 4.0 before 4.0(8), as used in for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 switches, Cisco 7600 routers, and ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Appliances, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a malformed Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) message.
- OSVDB ID: 62432: Cisco Multiple Products SCCP Inspection Malformed Skinny Control Message Handling Remote DoS
- SA38618: Cisco ASA 5500 Series Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA38621: Cisco Firewall Services Module Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1023609: Cisco Firewall Services Module SCCP Protocol Flaw Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- Cisco ASA 5500 8.0
- Cisco ASA 5500 8.1
- Cisco ASA 5500 8.2
- Cisco Catalyst 6500
- Cisco Catalyst 7600
- Cisco Firewall Services Module 4.0
Feb 17, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.