Cisco ASA 5500 WebVPN DTLS denial of service
|cisco-asa-webvpn-dtls-dos (56339)||Medium Risk|
Cisco ASA 5500 is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error when configured for WebVPN and DTLS transport. By sending a specially-crafted DTLS message to UDP port 443, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the device to reload.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20100217-asa for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20100217-asa: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances.
- BID-38280: Cisco ASA 5500 WebVPN DTLS Packet Denial of Service Vulnerability
- BID-38281: Cisco ASA 5500 Series SIP Traffic (CVE-2010-0569) Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0565: Unspecified vulnerability in Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance 7.2 before 7.2(4.45), 8.0 before 8.0(4.44), 8.1 before 8.1(2.35), and 8.2 before 8.2(1.10), allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (page fault and device reload) via a malformed DTLS message, aka Bug ID CSCtb64913 and WebVPN DTLS Denial of Service Vulnerability.
- OSVDB ID: 62430: Cisco ASA 5500 Series WebVPN Malformed DTLS Message Remote DoS
- SA38618: Cisco ASA 5500 Series Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA38636: Cisco PIX 500 Series Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1023612: Cisco ASA TCP, SIP, SCCP, DTLS, and IKE Processing Flaws Let Remote Users Deny Service
- Cisco ASA 5500 7.0
- Cisco ASA 5500 7.2
- Cisco ASA 5500 8.0
- Cisco ASA 5500 8.1
- Cisco ASA 5500 8.2
Feb 17, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.