Symantec Client Proxy ActiveX control (CLIproxy.dll) buffer overflow
|scp-cliproxy-activex-bo (56355)||High Risk|
The Symantec Client Proxy ActiveX control (CLIproxy.dll) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Refer to SYM10-004 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- SYM10-004: Symantec Client Proxy Buffer Overflow in Older Product Versions.
- BID-38222: Symantec Client Proxy ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0108: Buffer overflow in the cliproxy.objects.1 ActiveX control in the Symantec Client Proxy (CLIproxy.dll) in Symantec AntiVirus 10.0.x, 10.1.x before MR9, and 10.2.x before MR4; and Symantec Client Security 3.0.x and 3.1.x before MR9 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long argument to the SetRemoteComputerName function.
- OSVDB ID: 62413: Symantec Multiple Products Client Proxy ActiveX (CLIproxy.dll) Remote Overflow
- SA38651: Symantec Products Client Proxy ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.0
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.1
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.2
- Symantec Client Security 3.0
- Symantec Client Security 3.1
Feb 17, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.