Employee Timeclock Software add_user.php cross-site request forgery
|timeclock-adduser-csrf (56410)||Medium Risk|
Employee Timeclock Software is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the add_user.php script. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted HTTP request to add administrative users. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [02-20-2010]: TimeClock CSRF Remote Add Admin Exploit .
- timeclock software Web site: Employee Timeclock Software.
- CVE-2010-0707: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in add_user.php in Employee Timeclock Software 0.99 allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of an administrator for requests that create new administrative users. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 62478: Employee Timeclock Software add_user.php Admin User Creation CSRF
- SA38662: Employee Timeclock Software Cross-Site Request Forgery
- timeclock software Employee Timeclock Software 0.99
Feb 20, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.