Datev DVBSExeCall ActiveX control command execution
|datev-dvbsexecall-command-execution (56530)||High Risk|
The Datev DVBSExeCall ActiveX control (DVBSExeCall.ocx) could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an argument to the insecure ExecuteExe() method, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary commands on the vulnerable system.
Refer to Datev Web site for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Datev Web site: Datev.
- Sotiriu Web site: NSOADV-2010-003: DATEV ActiveX Control remote command execution.
- BID-38415: DateV 'DVBSExeCall.ocx' ActiveX Control Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0689: The ExecuteExe method in the DVBSExeCall Control ActiveX control 220.127.116.11 in DVBSExeCall.ocx in DATEV Base System (aka Grundpaket Basis) allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 62564: DATEV DVBSExeCall DVBSExeCall.ocx ActiveX ExecuteExe() Method Arbitrary Command Execution
- SA38716: Datev DVBSExeCall ActiveX Control "ExecuteExe()" Vulnerability
- Datev DVBSExeCall ActiveX control 1.0
- Datev DVBSExeCall ActiveX control 18.104.22.168
Feb 25, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.