Lotus iNotes ActiveX control buffer overflow
|inotes-activex-bo (56555)||High Risk|
The Lotus iNotes (formerly Domino Web Access) ActiveX control is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow when the Lotus iNotes feature is enabled and executed, caused by an error in the dwa8.dll and dwa8w.dll libraries. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of IBM iNotes (7.0.4 or 8.5 or later), available from the IBM Support and Downloads Web site. See References.
- IBM Support and Downloads : Buffer Overflow Vulnerability in Lotus iNotes ActiveX Control.
- iDefense Labs Public Advisory: 03.01.10: IBM Lotus Domino Web Access ActiveX Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- BID-38457: Domino Web Access ActiveX Control URL Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-38459: IBM Domino Web Access Prior to 229.281 Unspecified Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-0919: Stack-based buffer overflow in the Lotus Domino Web Access ActiveX control in IBM Lotus iNotes (aka Domino Web Access or DWA) 6.5, 7.0 before 7.0.4, 8.0, 8.0.2, and before 229.281 for Domino 8.0.2 FP4 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long URL argument to an unspecified method, aka PRAD7JTNHJ.
- OSVDB ID: 62612: IBM Lotus Domino Web Access ActiveX Unspecified Overflow
- SA38681: IBM Lotus Domino Web Access / iNotes ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow
- SA38744: IBM Lotus Domino Web Access 6 ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow
- SA38755: IBM Lotus Domino Web Access Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1023662: IBM Lotus iNotes Buffer Overflow in ActiveX Control Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0495: IBM Lotus iNotes ActiveX Control Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0496: IBM Lotus iNotes ActiveX Control and UltraLite Vulnerabilities
- IBM Lotus Domino
- IBM Lotus Domino Web Access 7.0.1
- IBM Lotus Domino Web Access 8.0.1
- IBM Lotus Domino Web Access 8.0.2 FP3
- IBM Lotus Domino Web Access 8.0.2 FP4
Mar 01, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.