IBM Informix Dynamic Server librpc.dll buffer overflow
|ibm-ids-portmap-bo (56586)||High Risk|
IBM Informix Dynamic Server is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by a signedness error in the librpc.dll RPC protocol parsing library as used by the ISM Portmapper service (portmap.exe) binary. By sending and overly long parameter during authentication, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code with SYSTEM privileges or cause the application to crash.
For IBM Informix Dynamic Server 10:
Apply the latest Fix Pack (10.00.TC10 or later) or APAR IC55329. See References.
For IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11:
Apply the latest Fix Pack (11.10.TC3 or later) or APAR IC55330. See References.
For EMC Legato Networker:
Apply the appropriate patch for your system (ESA-08-007), available for registered users from the EMC Web site. See References.
- EMC Web site: Welcome to EMC's Powerlink.
- EMC Web Site: EMC Legato Networker.
- IBM Web site: APAR IC55329.
- IBM Web site: APAR IC55330.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-08-2010]: Multiple Vendor librpc.dll Signedness Error Remote Code Execution Vulnerability .
- ZDI-10-023: Multiple Vendor librpc.dll Signedness Error Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- BID-38471: IBM Informix Dynamic Server 'librpc.dll' Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- BID-38472: Multiple Vendor 'librpc.dll' Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2009-2754: Integer signedness error in the authentication functionality in librpc.dll in the Informix Storage Manager (ISM) Portmapper service (aka portmap.exe), as used in IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) 10.x before 10.00.TC9 and 11.x before 11.10.TC3 and EMC Legato NetWorker, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted parameter size that triggers a stack-based buffer overflow.
- SA38731: IBM Informix Dynamic Server RPC Implementation Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0508: IBM Informix Dynamic Server Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0509: EMC Legato Networker RPC Library Code Execution Vulnerability
- EMC Legato NetWorker
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server 10.0
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.1
Mar 01, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.