SimpleServer:WWW cgi-bin/ directory directory traversal
|simpleserverwww-cgibin-directory-traversal (56631)||Medium Risk|
SimpleServer:WWW could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the cgi-bin/ directory containing URL-encoded "dot dot" sequences (%2E%2E%2F%) to traverse directories and gain read access to any file on the Web server.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- AnalogX Web site: AnalogX - Downloads [SimpleServer:WWW].
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jul 27 2001 - 05:42:05 CDT: SimpleServer:WWW Command Execution Vulnerability Exploit Code Released .
- BID-3112: SimpleServer:WWW Hex Encoded URL Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1586: Directory traversal vulnerability in SimpleServer:WWW 1.13 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary programs via encoded ../ (%2E%2E%2F%) sequences in a request to the cgi-bin/ directory, a different vulnerability than CVE-2000-0664.
- AnalogX SimpleServer WWW 1.0.8
- AnalogX SimpleServer WWW 1.01
- AnalogX SimpleServer WWW 1.03
- AnalogX SimpleServer WWW 1.04
- AnalogX SimpleServer WWW 1.05
- AnalogX SimpleServer WWW 1.06
- Analogx Simpleserver WWW 1.13
Jul 27, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.