eTracker module for Drupal URL cross-site scripting
|etracker-url-xss (56635)||Medium Risk|
The eTracker module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the Web traffic analysis service. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the URL to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2010-024 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- SA-CONTRIB-2010-024: eTracker - Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-38514: Drupal eTracker Module URI Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1543: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the eTracker module before 6.x-1.2 for Drupal allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML by appending a crafted string to an arbitrary URL associated with the Drupal site.
- OSVDB ID: 62721: eTracker Module for Drupal Unspecified XSS
- SA38826: Drupal eTracker Module Script Insertion Vulnerability
- SA38835: Drupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal eTracker module for Drupal 6.x-1.0
- Drupal eTracker module for Drupal 6.x-1.1
Mar 03, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.