phpCOIN mod.php file include
|phpcoin-mod-file-include (56721)||Medium Risk|
phpCOIN could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the mod.php script using the mod parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of phpCOIN (1.6.6 or later), available from the phpCOIN Web site. See References.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [03-06-2010]: phpCOIN 1.2.1 (mod.php) LFI Vulnerability .
- phpCOIN Web site: phpCOIN.
- BID-38576: phpCOIN 'mod' Parameter Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0953: Directory traversal vulnerability in mod.php in phpCOIN 1.2.1 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the mod parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 62897: phpCOIN mod.php mod Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- phpCOIN phpCOIN 1.2.1
Mar 06, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this