libnids ip_fragment.c, denial of service
|libnids-ipfragment-dos (57428)||Medium Risk|
libnids is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a NULL pointer dereference in ip_fragment.c,. By sending specially-crafted network traffic, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to crash the library using the affected library.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of libnids (1.24 or later), available from the linnids Web site. See References.
- libnids Release Notes: fixed another remotely triggerable NULL dereference in ip_fragment.c.
- linnids Web site: libnids.
- BID-39142: Libnids 'ip_fragment.c' Null Pointer Deference Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0751: The ip_evictor function in ip_fragment.c in libnids 1.24, as used in dsniff and possibly other products, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and crash) via crafted fragmented packets.
- OSVDB ID: 63427: Libnids src/ip_fragment.c ip_evictor Function Crafted Packet NULL Dereference Remote DoS
- SA39225: Libnids NULL Pointer Dereference Denial of Service
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0777: Libnids ip_fragment.c Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0791: Fedora Security Update Fixes Libnids and Dsniff DoS Vulnerability
- Rafal Wojtczuk libnids 1.22
- Rafal Wojtczuk libnids 1.23
Mar 14, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.