com_redshop component for Joomla! view parameter file include
|redshop-view-file-include (57512)||Medium Risk|
The com_redshop component for Joomla! could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to index.php script using the view parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote or the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code using a local file, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of Redshop component for Joomla! (1.0 RC1 or later), available from the redComponent Web site. See References.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-04-2010]: Joomla Component redSHOP Local File Inclusion Vulnerability.
- redComponent Web site: redComponent.
- BID-39206: Joomla! 'com_redshop' Component 'view' Parameter Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1531: Directory traversal vulnerability in the redSHOP (com_redshop) component 1.0.x for Joomla! allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the view parameter to index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 63535: redSHOP Component for Joomla! index.php view Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA39343: Joomla! redSHOP Component "view" Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- Joomla! Joomla!
- redComponent com_redshop
Apr 04, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this