Nodesforum pre_output.php file include
|nodesforum-preoutput-file-include (57517)||Medium Risk|
Nodesforum could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the pre_output.php script to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of Nodesforum (1.047 or later), available from the Nodesforum Web site. See References.
- Nodesforum Web site: Home of the Nodesforum.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-04-2010]: nodesforum v1.033 Remote File Inclusion Vulnerability .
- BID-39359: Nodesforum Multiple Remote File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-1351: Multiple PHP remote file inclusion vulnerabilities in Nodesforum 1.033 and 1.045, when register_globals is enabled, allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the (1) _nodesforum_path_from_here_to_nodesforum_folder parameter to erase_user_data.php and the (2) _nodesforum_code_path parameter to pre_output.php. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 63554: Nodesforum erase_user_data.php _nodesforum_path_from_here_to_nodesforum_folder Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 63555: Nodesforum pre_output.php _nodesforum_code_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA39311: Nodesforum Multiple File Inclusion Vulnerabilities
- Nodesforum Nodesforum 1.045
Apr 04, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.