com_loginbox component for Joomla! view file include
|comloginbox-view-file-include (57533)||Medium Risk|
The com_loginbox component for Joomla! could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the index.php script using the view parameter to specify a malicious file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to obtain sensitive information or execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Joomla! Web site: Joomla!.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-05-2010]: Joomla Component com_loginbox LFI Vulnerability .
- BID-39212: Joomla! 'com_loginbox' Component 'view' Parameter Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1353: Directory traversal vulnerability in the LoginBox Pro (com_loginbox) component for Joomla! allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the view parameter to index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 63531: LoginBox Pro Component for Joomla! index.php view Parameter Traversal Local File Inclusion
- SA39349: Joomla! LoginBox Pro Component "view" Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0808: LoginBox Pro for Joomla view Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- Joomla! com_loginbox
- Joomla! Joomla!
Apr 05, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.