MODx CMS unspecified cross-site scripting
|modx-unspecified-xss (57635)||Medium Risk|
MODx CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of MODx CMS (1.0.3 or later), available from the MODx Content Management System Web site. See References.
- JVN#46669729: MODx vulnerable to cross-site scripting.
- MODx Content Management System Web site: MODx Content Management System.
- BID-39310: MODx Evolution Cross Site Scripting and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-1427: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the SearchHighlight plugin in MODx Evolution before 1.0.3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unknown vectors related to AjaxSearch.
- OSVDB ID: 63596: MODx Unspecified XSS
- SA39298: MODx Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.0
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.1
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.2.1
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.5
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.6
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.6.1
- MODx CMS MODx 0.9.6.2
Apr 08, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.