Irssi unspecified denial of service
|irssi-unspecified-dos (57791)||Medium Risk|
An unspecified error in Irssi could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Irssi (0.8.15 or later), available from the Irssi Web site. See References.
- Irssi Web site: Irssi 0.8.15 Released.
- BID-39377: Irssi Denial of Service and SSL Hostname Verification Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-1156: core/nicklist.c in Irssi before 0.8.15 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and application crash) via vectors related to an attempted fuzzy nick match at the instant that a victim leaves a channel.
- MDVSA-2010:079: irssi
- OSVDB ID: 63889: irssi core/nicklist.c Fuzzy Nick Match NULL Dereference Remote DoS
- SA39365: irssi Denial of Service and SSL Hostname Verification Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1023845: Irssi Unspecified Bug Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- SUSE-SR:2010:011: SUSE Security Summary Report
- USN-929-1: irssi vulnerabilities
- USN-929-2: irssi regression
- Canonical Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
- Canonical Ubuntu 8.10
- irssi irssi 0.8.13
- Mandriva Linux 2009.1
- Mandriva Linux 2009.1 X86_64
- Mandriva Linux 2010 X86_64
- Mandriva Linux 2010
Apr 11, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.