e107 .php.filetypesphp extension file upload
|e107-phpfiletypesphp-file-upload (57932)||Medium Risk|
e107 could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files, caused by the improper validation of avatar and photograph images .php.filetypesphp file extensions. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload a malicious PHP script, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of e107 (0.7.20 or later), available from the e107 Web site. See References.
- e107 Web site: e107.
- Secunia Research 19/04/2010: e107 Avatar/Photograph Image File Upload Vulnerability.
- BID-39540: e107 Avatar/Photograph Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-0996: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in e107 before 0.7.20 allows remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary code by uploading a .php.filetypesphp file. NOTE: the vendor disputes the significance of this issue, noting that an odd set of preferences and a missing file are required.
- OSVDB ID: 63910: e107 Crafted .php.filetypesphp Image File Upload Arbitrary PHP Code Execution
- SA39013: e107 Two Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2010-0919: e107 Remote File Upload and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- e107 e107 0.7.25
Apr 19, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.