WB News Comments.php cross-site scripting
|wbnews-comments-xss (58025)||Medium Risk|
WB News is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the Comments.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to using the name or message parameter to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [04-21-2010]: WB News (Webmobo) 2.3.3 Stored XSS .
- Webmobo Web site: WB News.
- BID-39626: WB News '/base/Comments.php' HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-1712: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in base/Comments.php in Webmobo WB News 2.3.3 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) name and possibly (2) message parameters. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 63973: WB News Unspecified Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA39516: WB News Two Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- Webmodo WB News 2.3.3
Apr 21, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.