ClanSphere the captcha generator and MySQL driver SQL injection
|clansphere-captcha-sql-injection (58311)||Medium Risk|
ClanSphere is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the captcha generator and MySQL driver using HTTP headers, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of ClanSphere (2009.0.3.1 or later), available from the ClanSphere Web site. See References.
- ClanSphere Web site: ClanSphere.
- MOPS-2010-004: ClanSphere Captcha Generator Blind SQL Injection Vulnerability.
- BID-39896: ClanSphere Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-1865: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in ClanSphere 2009.0.3 and earlier allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via (1) the IP address to the cs_getip function in generate.php in the Captcha module, or (2) the s_email parameter to the cs_sql_select function in the MySQL database driver (mysql.php).
- OSVDB ID: 64320: ClanSphere MySQL Driver s_email Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 64321: ClanSphere Captcha Module generate.php IP Address SQL Injection
- SA39685: ClanSphere Captcha Generator SQL Injection Vulnerability
- ClanSphere ClanSphere 2009.0.3
May 03, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.