TomatoCMS index.php content parameter cross site scripting
|tomatocms-index-content-xss (58475)||Medium Risk|
TomatoCMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input index.php/admin/poll/add script. A remote attacker with Create new poll permissions could exploit this vulnerability using the content field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of TomatoCMS (2.0.5 or later), available from the TomatoCMS Web site. See References.
- TomatoCMS Web site: TomatoCMS - Open source CMS powered by Zend Framework, jQuery and 960grid.
- BID-40108: TomatoCMS SQL Injection Vulnerability and Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2010-1996: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in index.php in TomatoCMS before 2.0.5 allow remote authenticated users, with certain creation privileges, to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) content parameter in conjunction with a /admin/poll/add PATH_INFO, the (2) meta parameter in conjunction with a /admin/category/add PATH_INFO, and the (3) keyword parameter in conjunction with a /admin/tag/add PATH_INFO.
- OSVDB ID: 64552: TomatoCMS index.php/admin/tag/add keyword Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 64553: TomatoCMS index.php/admin/category/add meta Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 64554: TomatoCMS index.php/admin/poll/add content Parameter XSS
- SA39320: TomatoCMS Script Insertion and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- TomatoCMS TomatoCMS 2.0.4
May 10, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this