Rotor Banner module for Drupal image attributes cross-site scripting
|rotorbanner-image-xss (58719)||Medium Risk|
The Rotor Banner module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input of the srs, title, and alt image attributes. A remote attacker with edit any rotor item could exploit this vulnerability using an uploaded image to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2010-057 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Drupal Web site: Drupal Rotor Banner Module.
- SA-CONTRIB-2010-057: Rotor Banner - Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- CVE-2010-2125: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Rotor Banner module 5.x before 5.x-1.8 and 6.x before 6.x-2.5 for Drupal allow remote authenticated users, with create rotor item or edit any rotor item privileges, to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) srs, (2) title, or (3) alt image attribute.
- OSVDB ID: 64770: Rotor Banner Module for Drupal Rotor Item Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA39883: Drupal Rotor Banner Module Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- Drupal Banner Rotor Module 5.x-1.7
- Drupal Banner Rotor Module 6.x-1.4
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.0
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.1
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.2
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.3
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.4
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.5
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.6
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.7
- Drupal Rotor 5.X-1.X Dev
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-1.0
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-1.1
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-1.2
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-1.3
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-1.4
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-1.X Dev
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.0 Beta2
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.0 Beta3
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.0 rc1
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.0
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.0 Beta1
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.1
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.2
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.3
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.4
- Drupal Rotor 6.X-2.X Dev
May 20, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.