DataTrackSystems Work_Order_Summary cross-site scripting
|datatrack-workordersummary-xss (58732)||Medium Risk|
DataTrack System is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the Work_Order_Summary parameter of the Home.aspx page to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Magnoware Web site: Magnoware | DataTrack System.
- XSS - Cross-Site Scripting Blog: DataTrack System 3.5 Persistent XSS / Directory Disclosure / Configuration Disclosure / Source Disclosure .
- BID-40249: DataTrack System 'Home.aspx' HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2010-2043: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Home.aspx in DataTrack System 3.5 and 3.5.8019.4 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the Work_Order_Summary parameter (aka the request summary). NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 64727: DataTrack System Work_Order_Summary Home.aspx Work_Order_Summary Parameter XSS
- SA39868: DataTrack System Work_Order_Summary Script Insertion
- Magnoware DataTrack System 3.5.8019.4
May 17, 2010
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.